Pilatus Switserland

Pilatus PC-2 Trainer

Pilatus PC-2 Trainer

Switserland Aircraft

Pilatus PC-2 Trainer

Pilatus

The Pilatus P-2 is a trainer aircraft designed by Swiss manufacturer Pilatus in 1942

Goto Pilatus Aircraft

The Pilatus P-2 is a trainer aircraft designed by Swiss manufacturer Pilatus in 1942 and first flown on April 27, 1945. It was used by the Swiss Air Force from 1946 until 1981. The Pilatus P-2 emerged from an unbuilt project of the Pilatus P-1, which can be seen as a single-seat version of the P-2.

Operational History

P-2-01
First prototype (HB-GAB/A-101/U-101), Argus-powered.
P-2-02
Non-flying static testframe.
P-2-03
Hispano-Suiza HS-12Mb upright V water-cooled engined prototype. Large ventral radiator.
P-2-04
Armed version of P-2-03.
P-2-05
Production version of unarmed machine, Argus motor. 26 delivered to Swiss AF.
P-2-06
Production version of armed machine, Argus motor. 26 delivered to Swiss AF.
RoleTrainer
National originSwitzerland
ManufacturerPilatus Aircraft
First flight27 April 1945
Retired1981
Primary userSwiss Air Force
Number built55[1]

General characteristics

  • Crew: 2
  • Length: 9.07 m (29 ft 9 in)
  • Wingspan: 11 m (36 ft 1 in)
  • Height: 2.70 m (8 ft 10 in)
  • Wing area: 17.0 m2 (183 sq ft)
  • Aspect ratio: 7.1:1
  • Fuel capacity: 225 l (59 US gal; 49 imp gal) in three tanks
  • Powerplant: 1 × Argus As 410A-2 V-12 inverted air-cooled piston engine, 280 kW (370 hp) rated at 2,000 m (6,600 ft) ; 347 kW (465 hp) for take-off
  • Propellers: 2-bladed Argus constant-speed propeller

Performance

Performance

  • Maximum speed: 340 km/h (210 mph, 180 kn) at 2,500 m (8,200 ft)
  • Cruise speed: 332 km/h (206 mph, 179 kn) maximum at 3,300 m (10,800 ft)
  • Economical cruising speed: 306 km/h (190 mph; 165 kn) at 4,500 m (14,800 ft)
  • Landing speed: 105 km/h (65 mph; 57 kn)
  • Never exceed speed: 720 km/h (450 mph, 390 kn)
  • Range: 865 km (537 mi, 467 nmi) in still air at Economical cruising speed with full fuel
  • Rate of climb: 6.5 m/s (1,280 ft/min)
  • Take-off run: 231 m (758 ft) from grass
  • Landing run: 157 m (515 ft) on grass

Related

Aircrafttoaal encyclopedia

The company was established on 10 December 1939 by the armament company Oerlikon-Bührle, and construction of a new production building started in March 1940. The company was formed to do maintenance and repairs for the Swiss Air Force, the first work of the new company was assembly of EKW C-35 reconnaissance biplanes from spare parts, and overhaul work on other types